Saturday, March 5, 2011

Home Sweet Home

No matter where you go or how pleasant the experience while there, there is nothing like coming HOME — especially when you've been in a hospital for two-and-a-half days-and-two-lonnng-nights.

We came home yesterday and my husband Norm is doing even better than we had hoped. He is under the care of one of the best hip replacement doctors in the South (Dr. Trevor Pickering of Mississippi Sports Medicine), and had truly exceptional care during his stay at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson.

I sincerely appreciate your prayers and sweet expressions of concern.

I hope to be able to do some posts while Norm is recuperating, now that Spring is "bustin' out all over" our yard and I won't have to leave home to take pictures.

Best wishes to you for a happy weekend.

10 comments:

RachelD said...

I'm so glad to hear your news---I thought of you both all that time. My best to you both, and a quick recovery, to get back out to that beautiful site and see to the progress of your lovely new home.

I always say a prayer for the doctor's hands, and it's nice to know his name.

Marlene said...

Wonderful news on this beautiful Saturday morning! I'm sure that your husband is getting the very best of care at home as well! Spring is just bursting with "lagniappe" here in Central Florida too. What a beautiful time of renewal in all things.

Anonymous said...

This is my first time checking in this week. Just now reading about your husband's hip replacement.

Hoping all goes well in his recuperation and physical therapy!

Unknown said...

Hi Janie,
I missed your post about your husband's surgery. Glad to know ya'll are back home and he is doing well.

I've been sick with a stomach virus myself, and I'm still weak, but getting better.

Diane

Karen said...

So glad you husband is home from the hospital. Hope his recovery goes well. What a beautiful time of year. I enjoy so much stopping by and looking at your beautiful work. Have a great weekend.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I am glad that your Hubby is doing so well. I will keep his Dr in mind when I finally break down and have my hips replaced. I used Dr Walter Sheldon at Mississippi Sports Medicine for my knees.
I am trying to take a few pictures whenever my eyes decide to be clear and not hurt. I go for my appointment Monday instead of Thursday..thank goodness.
Will try to check back later.
Molly

Anonymous said...

So thankful y'all are home and that your husband is doing well in his recovery. Good doctors are indeed a blessing! Prayers continue. :)

Jenni said...

I will be praying for your husband's recovery!
My grandmother just got out of the hospital today...she was so glad to get to go home and rest. REST is in short supply in the hospital...

Best Wishes,
Jenni

RachelD said...

Janie,

I took the liberty of taking you up on your offer of a picture now and then. I used the magnolia from the header at your Southern Accents blog, with credit and a link, of course.

THANK YOU!! It's simply breathtaking.

rachel

willowbird35 said...

So glad to hear your husband did well with surgery! - Karen