Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tiptoeing through the Tulips



I love tulips, and a couple of mornings ago I spent some time literally tiptoeing through a yard full of tulips.

I have included some of the pictures I captured below, but I also created a slideshow with them, which features Mr. Chet Atkins playing "Tiptoe Through the Tulips," as only he could play it. I love that song, and it's a perfect background for my tulip pictures. I hope you will listen to at least part of it -- it's such a happy little song, and I guarantee that you will be tapping your toes right along with Chet.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

Here are some of the tulips I tiptoed through (or through which I tiptoed, if you prefer).

You can click on the pictures to get a closer look, if you'd like.


I love the way the center of this tulip resembles a cross silhouetted by the sun filtering through the petals ...

Isn't that truly awesome!

The apricots were my favorites, and only God knows the formula for the colors found in them.

Some of the tulips were so purple that they looked black ...

I hope you enjoyed "tiptoeing through the tulips" with me. I'm so glad I was able to capture a little of that magical morning in my pictures.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos Janie....I love tulips, but usually don't plant them!

Hope you have a great day!

Marlene said...

I am in AWE! Just so beautiful and of course Mr.Chet playing along made it that much more enjoyable. You are such a talented photog. and I was so happy to see Miss Averie in training. Thank you, as always. Even when I don't "chime in" I wouldn't miss your Lagniappe.

Carolyn said...

Janie, These pictures are absolutely breathtaking. I can't even pick a favorite, they are all beautiful.
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Tulips are some of my FAV'rite flowers, and these are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing that spectacular hillside with us!

I was amused at your optional grammar in parentheses -- I never know WHAT to do about that(!) These days, especially with blogging, it sounds less conversational and more stilted always to use correct grammar! In many cases, I've just decided to err on the side of familiarity, and hope I don't sound too uneducated(!) LOL!

Lori said...

Thanks for the view. Here the only tulips are in the store.

Sue said...

Janie you have out done yourself on these photos, they are absolutely breathless.I would have had a hard time not cutting a bouquet. I enjoyed the slide, Mr Atkins did a fabulous job, with this song, so much better than Tiny Tim. Well I guess I have told my age. lol

Thank you for your well wishes and prayers for Will, and our military.
Sue

Tonja said...

Oh! I am so loving these flowers. they are such a airy, part of a new year. But, I think one of the most beautifuk things about creation is the flowers. Ehjoy them...and thanx for sharing these with us

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

WOW, I mean WOW, someone did alot of work..these are just fantstic and your pictures really bring them to life.
Love the "Black" ones best.
Molly

Deb said...

I love tulips...one of these days I'm going to plant some...