Friday, March 25, 2011

One of God's Greatest Masterpieces


After waiting and watching for Spring for several weeks now, it almost sneaked up on me. The temperatures have been so warm that the dogwood trees seemed to pop into full bloom almost overnight — and I almost missed them!

Last week, I was able to capture a few pictures of my favorite pink dogwood tree before its blossoms faded.

This is my Father's world ...

He shines in all that's fair ...

In the rustling grass ...

I hear Him pass ...

He speaks to me everywhere.*

If the dogwoods are blooming where you live, I hope you can take some time this weekend to get a closer look at them.

They are truly one of God's greatest masterpieces.


* Lyrics from the hymn "This is My Father's World"
Words: Maltbie Babcock /Music: Franklin Sheppard


4 comments:

Carolyn said...

This pink dogwood is so beautiful. This verse of the song compliments your pictures perfectly. You have definitely captured "Our Fathers Beautiful World".
Carolyn

Deb said...

beautiful...

Karen said...

I have not been able to visit lately. Such beautiful pictures. I enjoy so much dropping by and visiting.

Tonja said...

They are so beautiful! Isn't that the most wonderful shade of pink? And, that is my favorite hymn also. I love the words to all the verses. Enjoy spring!